The QBox and the QDevil Fischer cable
The QBox is a fully shielded breakout box specialized for electronics labs and low-temperature experiments. The QBox extends the Faraday cage of the cryostat going from a 24 pin Fischer connector to a convenient 24 channel BNC connector panel. All wiring inside the QBox is done in twisted pairs for best noise immunity. Switches enable connecting each channel directly to ground or a common bus, which greatly simplifies the measurement of ESD sensitive multi-terminal devices.
- Each channel can be grounded or connected to common bus.
- Inside the QBox, wires are twisted in pairs as 1-2, 3-4, …, 23-24.
- The QBox is available in two versions, one with numbering 1..24 and one with numbering 25..48
- The QBox is used with a flexible, low-noise cable assembly with 24-channel Fischer connectors (plugs) in each end which extends the cryostat shield to the breakout box.
- Inside the Fischer cable, the wires are configured as twisted pairs which are individually shielded.
- An outer metal braid provides improved shielding and grounding.
- The QBox fits in a standard 19” rack (occupying a height of 4U).